Topic End-of-year business in real estate
End-of-year business real estate
End-of-year business real estate – High Noon for real estate agents, investors and property owners
It is well known that, in terms of average annual turnover, most transactions take place on the real estate market around the turn of the year. This applies to both On and Off Market.
Reason enough for some tips with the aim to make the most of the months of December and January or to get out a little laxly formulated.
The current situation
• The turn of the year with the last weeks of the old and the first of the new year is ideal for the transfer of real estate property for several reasons. Some want to draw a clear line as of 31 December, others will start right after New Year’s Day with a view to the upcoming twelve months.
For the real estate agent, the year-end real estate business roughly extends over a period of up to just over three months. For the Cologne, Bonner, Düsseldorfer or Mainzer, the end of the year is business around real estate in the same way as the carnival season from Altweiberfastnacht to Ash Wednesday.
• The sale of real estate is often delayed until the end of the year. The reasons for this are manifold. They range from the family and personal sphere to the idea of turning the steering screw in the right direction; in other words, the real estate business will be completed in December or as early as January.
• Experience has shown that real estate comes onto the market immediately at the beginning of the year, where the ten-year speculative period has expired. From now on, there is no need to pay any speculative tax. Now the property owner wants to sell his property as soon as possible or, in other words, get rid of it.
• Special situation Corona pandemic
– More and more property owners are waiting to decide to buy or sell a property because they have not been able to estimate how the pandemic will affect the property market. Here lies a great potential for the year-end business real estate.
– For many to many looming insolvencies from the current year 2020, the turn of the year is awaited. They are postponed but not repealed. Against this background, a high number of real estate auctions are expected right at the beginning of the new year.
– With a view to the end-of-year real estate business, you should sharpen the purchase profile for the purchase of private or commercial property and send it to the broker of your trust in the updated form.
– For real estate financing through a credit institution, the filing deadline must be observed at the end of the year. If you want or need to pay the purchase price – for whatever reason – until the turn of the year, then you should observe the bank’s internal deadlines. For the end-of-year real estate business they often end in mid-December and often already at the end of November.
Long-time experienced real estate agents wanted for existing customer support!
The property owner
– You should now put your property on the market at the end of the year, preferably off market. These weeks, the chances of success with a lucrative property sale are highest. On the one hand, the purchase contract must be certified by the end of the year, on the other hand, it must not be certified before the beginning of the year; then, however, as soon as possible.
– Do not rely on yourself, but contact a broker familiar with the real estate market in good time for the sale of your property.
– Especially at the end of the year, “brokers are once again really gasping to spice up their annual turnover”. Conversely, for you as a property buyer, this means that at the end of the year, the offer of real estate is as diverse and varied as it is otherwise only spread throughout the year.
– In this hot phase, focus exclusively on properties for which you really have all the necessary documents for verification.
– At the end of the year business real estate you get expressions of interest significantly faster than usual. Now you need to act immediately and pass on all relevant documents to investors. Loss of time = loss of business.
– You should requalify and prioritize your objects. Your customers with investors, buyers and owners should receive a shortlist at an early stage. This initiative is a concrete reason for you to get in touch.
– You should refrain from using the present real estate offer den to find buyers. Instead, focus on your investors. Choose the strongest of them and search for them based on the purchase profile. As an experienced professional, you will be able to weigh up whether the investor is really willing to buy or invest in the year ending.
– This leads to success. Conversely, you lose time unnecessarily with the result: year-end business real estate – 0 sales & 0 profit.
– During this time, contact one or more insolvency administrators in order to get good real estate properties in the old year or directly already in the new year. Keyword: Corona insolvencies.
i-Icing in the last quarter is the end-of-year business for real estate. Each of those affected should use these weeks to increase their wealth, with a view to
– the proceeds of the sale from the property
– the investment in a high-yield investment
– the Courtage according to the previous and future Brokers Act
Wiesbaden, November 2020
Do you have any questions or would like to test the real estate franchise?
We look forward to hearing from you!
Stay up to date
Our press releases
Agency law from December 2020 What do real estate agents have to pay attention to from 23.12.2020? For information for our brokers and E1 licensees: Shortly before Christmas, there was a change in the brokercommission commission: the new law on brokerage commission from 23 December 2020 was already adopted by the German Bundestag in June
E1 Holding expands with 3 further Locations 2 x Berlin and 1x Cologne E1 Holding expands with three other locations Despite Corona, the real estate market is booming, and E1 Holding continues to grow successfully. In Germany, three new locations are now added to the existing 43 locations. Two of them are located in Berlin,
Topic End-of-year business in real estate End-of-year business real estate End-of-year business real estate – High Noon for real estate agents, investors and property owners It is well known that, in terms of average annual turnover, most transactions take place on the real estate market around the turn of the year. This applies to both
Real estate bubble Germany Threatens a Massive Crash? Property prices in Germany have increased significantly in recent years. After the global housing crisis just over a decade ago, fears are once again being raised that there could be a housing bubble in Germany. Experts warn that in many regions of our country, house and condominium
When do real estate prices fall? The real estate market follows different rules The real estate market follows different rules from the markets of other products. Who simply refers to the law of supply and demand in response to the question “When do real estate prices fall?” definitely falls short. For example, the real estate
Find real estate agents A small detached house Buy or sell a small detached house or condominium – the easiest and safest way to do this is through the mediation of a local real estate agent. You can find the best real estate agent if you make a thorough comparison in advance. Check (,) the
Successful even in times of crisis with real estate The Corona crisis has The Corona crisis has long since reached the real estate market. This raises the interesting question of whether a real estate agent or a real estate investor is actually one of the winners or the losers of this crisis. Surely one or
Investors are looking for real estate like never before! It’s not a new insight from the Corona Crisis that investors flee in times of crisis in tangible assets such as real estate. This is no different during the Corona crisis. However, as a real estate owner, real estate investor, or real estate agent, you should
Will the German Property Market Sink or Swim during the COVID-19 Pandemic? The COVID-19 crisis has come as a shock to global economies. In Germany, the pandemic has had a devastating impact on the economy, and no sector is left untouched. Even real estate, which is usually safe from market fluctuations, is experiencing instability due